Bruneck Municipal MuseumBruneck / Brunico • Bruder Willram Str. 1
About Bruneck Municipal Museum
Originally opened in 1912, the City Museum Bruneck was disbanded in the Fascist period 1939-40 and reestablished in 1990.
The Bruneck (Brunico) Municipal Museum has been in existence since 1912. It was reestablished in 1990 and reopened in 1995 in the former postal stables. In 1939-40, during the Fascist period, it was disbanded and most of the objects were taken away to Bolzano (Bozen). In the Gothic Hall, the new museum presents selections from the art history collection of the former Bruneck Municipal Museum. They include outstanding examples of local sacred art such as the Late Gothic winged altar of Simon von Taisten and works by Michael Pacher, Friedrich Pacher, and the Master of Uttenheim. The main focus, however, is on a varied exhibition program of modern and contemporary graphic arts, paintings, and photographs by artists of the region.
Opening hours within the duration of the current exhibitions.